Toddler (1-2 Years)
The Busy Bees
Our Toddler room caters for children aged from one year, until their second birthday in an age-appropriate environment. The children in this room have a range of different resources and activities to stimulate their emerging vocabulary, co-ordination and self-expression.
This is the age where they being to advance in their talking, walking and listening skills. Planning activities to enchance these skills is our focus in this age group. Children begin to explore more with their developing skills of speech and motor skills. Their confidence to try and do various activities increase. Our team regularly records their developments and performances to share with parents every term, these records are managed as per the Early Years Foundation Stage.
To help them achieve this, Cherry Nurseries provides:
- A roleplay area where they can practise lots of vocabulary using objects from their everyday lives.
- Experienced & qualified educators
- A reading corner with a cosy den. We find that children love to snuggle into secure spaces and are proven to be more confident communicators in small cozy spaces.
- Toddler activity table top boxes support their critical thinking and develop motor skills .
- The nursery physical activity sessions helps toddlers take measured risks with the help of a supporting adult, enabling them to increase their confidence in their own abilities.
- We provide natural environments for greater safety & learning.